VOTE DANIEL LANDRY D - 5
Daniel was born and raised in the Fillmore/Western Addition of District 5 where he still resides today and has lived for now 51 years. As an activist and advocate for 25 of those years, Daniel has been on the frontline fighting for justice, equality, and the opportunity for all San Franciscans. In the 1970s and throughout the 80s, Daniel's family experienced extreme hardship as they faced firsthand the SF Redevelopment agency urban removal and displacement project.
Daniel's mother who was a signal parent with three children was living in bad condition quickly turned in to the worst condition of poverty, by the early 1980s, For example, by 1976 Daniel's family had lived at six different address locations within district five neighborhood community. Below is just some of Daniel experiences and involvement over the years:
- Founded the SF CATS ACADEMY, INC.
- A former member of the Restoration Advisory Board.
- Co-founder of the Lower Fillmore Neighborhood Asso.
- Member: SF Planning Dept.'s Taskforce African American-
Historic Context Statement.
- Chaired the WA Community Policing Relation Board.
- Coordinator of D5 for NERT/SF Fire Department in 2007.
- Co-founder of the New Community Leadership.
- President of Board MLK-MG Cooperative Homes, Inc.
- Helped craft Prop. F 50% Affordable Housing in 2008.
- Wrote the 10-Point Community Benefits Plan for the
Fillmore Heritage Center in 2016.
- Member of Justice for Mario Woods Coalition in 2016
- Member of 'SLAM" Stop Lennar Action Movement.
Why I'm running for Supervisor: We need an Independent Democrat Supervisor who's not tied to the City Hall the political machine, someone who has a track record of not compromising policies just to support big corporations and developers.